h3_html = ‘
cta = ‘
atext = ‘
scdetails = scheader.getElementsByClassName( ‘scdetails’ );
sappendHtml( scdetails, h3_html );
sappendHtml( scdetails, atext );
sappendHtml( scdetails, cta );
sappendHtml( scheader, “http://www.searchenginejournal.com/” );
sc_logo = scheader.getElementsByClassName( ‘sc-logo’ );
logo_html = ‘‘;
sappendHtml( sc_logo, logo_html );
sappendHtml( scheader, ‘
} // endif cat_head_params.sponsor_logo
As Google Maps turns 15 years outdated, the product is getting a slight overhaul with a brand new icon, new navigation tabs, and new options.
First, right here’s the brand new icon. It’s a easy, Google-branded pin which replaces the outdated map intersection icon.
Google explains the design change in a weblog submit:
“It’s based on a key part of Google Maps since the very beginning—the pin— and represents the shift we’ve made from getting you to your destination to also helping you discover new places and experiences.”
Starting as we speak, the Google Maps app for iOS and Android could have new navigation tabs on the backside of the display. These embody:
- Explore: Quick entry to data, rankings, opinions and extra for close by locations.
- Commute: Set up your each day commute to get real-time site visitors updates, journey occasions, and solutions for different routes.
- Saved: View all your saved spots in a single handy place,
- Contribute: Quickly contribute to Google Maps by sharing native data about roads, addresses, lacking locations, enterprise opinions, and pictures.
- Updates: This tab features a feed of trending, must-see spots from native specialists and publishers.
Google previewed some upcoming Maps options that will likely be rolling out in March. These embody insights about your chosen route primarily based on data contributed by different customers.
After selecting a route, you’ll be capable to see particulars akin to:
- Temperature: Check if the temperature is taken into account colder or hotter than regular.
- Accessibility: Find public transit traces with staffed help, accessible entrance and seating, accessible stop-button or hi-visible LED.
- Women’s Section: In areas the place transit programs have designated ladies’s sections or carriages, Google Maps will assist floor this data.
- Security Onboard: Find out if safety monitoring is on board—whether or not that’s with a safety guard, put in safety cameras, or an out there helpline.
To make these options extra useful to everybody, Google Maps customers will likely be invited to take part in a brief survey about their expertise on current journeys.