Want to take advantage of out of your content material advertising funding? Then take into account repurposing your previous content material.
Maximizing your current content material could make a long-lasting influence – all whereas streamlining your content material creation, gathering viewers knowledge, and saving assets.
On November 6, I moderated a sponsored Search Engine Journal webinar offered by Corinne Schmid, VP of Marketing at ScribbleLive.
Schmid shared how repurposing content material will help your advertising group maximize demand era outcomes whereas saving money and time.
Here’s a recap of the webinar presentation.
The CMI’s newest demand era report reveals that this yr, 71% of entrepreneurs wish to use their demand era content material to nurture leads in the course of the gross sales cycle.
This isn’t actually shocking as a result of we all know that in advertising, we spend a whole lot of assets producing prime of funnel content material to drive the pipeline.
There’s the normal notion of handoff to gross sales in the course of the funnel – that conversion level – all the way in which to the shut.
Now the problem with it is because we all know that consumers are more and more anticipating extra of a self-service buying mannequin and that features our info wants.
B2B clients at the moment progress greater than 70% of the way in which by means of the decision-making course of earlier than ever partaking a gross sales consultant.
This signifies that advertising is anticipated to look additional downstream on how their prime of funnel content material can be utilized to feed the mid-to-late funnel.
Inherently, that has problems with its personal as a result of consumers are extra refined alongside the journey.
A cool teaser message or some type of snackable, micro-content that you simply use on Instagram or LinkedIn merely isn’t going to work mid-funnel.
The query now turns into:
How can advertising proceed to drive pipeline and produce net-new content material that nurtures leads all through and additional down into the center and late phases of the gross sales cycle with out the scope overwhelming your group, your finances, and your assets?
What Is Premium Content & How Can It Impact Your Demand Gen Cycle?
To get essentially the most out of your content material, it must:
- Be helpful.
- Be action-driven.
We have a look at premium content material as:
Visual & Video
Top of funnel visible and video content material must be engaging, snackable, and straightforward to digest.
When it involves additional mid-funnel, it must be:
- More informative.
- Have extra related and significant info that’s particular to the customer persona.
Whether it’s an answer finder, an evaluation or an ROI calculator, interactive content material has been thought of 300% simpler and proven to transform two instances greater than static content material.
It additionally drives the gathering of zero-party knowledge.
Experiences & Events
Live occasions, whether or not they’re in-person or digital, offers uncommon one-to-one interplay alternative along with your clients and prospects.
When you mix interactive components with these dwell occasions, it provides you the chance to:
- Engage along with your viewers at scale.
- Capture helpful knowledge.
- Use this info for follow-up and engagement cadence past the occasion.
Tips for Creating Premium Content
In order to create premium content material, you have to:
Know your viewers – and who influences them alongside the trail to buy.
When you’re creating any piece of content material, you have to perceive:
- Who the viewers is.
- How they make a purchase order resolution.
This is necessary as a result of it’s not an remoted occasion. You want to know your main purchaser persona in addition to the shopping for heart profiles.
For occasion in B2B, your main purchaser persona may very well be a digital marketer however let’s say IT, finance, and authorized additionally must be concerned in signing off on the deal.
In that case, creating helpful, action-driven content material that resonates with every of those consumers goes to be a necessity. The infographic that engaged the digital marketer won’t work with the top of safety and IT for sign-off.
This is the place understanding all the completely different gamers within the shopping for heart, their particular info wants, and after they’re partaking in that purchasing cycle will probably be actually necessary.
Take stock of current content material belongings – past advertising.
Marketers usually do audits of current content material belongings inside their very own group, however very not often truly look past to see the wealth of belongings which can be inside gross sales, pre-sales, product groups, engineering, buyer success, and companies teams
Collect declared knowledge.
If you’re impacted by privateness compliance laws reminiscent of GDPR, it’s more and more tougher to get info and knowledge in your clients.
One of the issues you possibly can have a look at is the notion of assortment zero-party knowledge or declared knowledge. This is the knowledge that’s:
- Explicitly given by a client or a prospect with consent.
- Obtained by asking them particular or direct questions by means of offline channels (i.e., interviews, focus teams) or digitally by means of (internet types or interactive experiences).
Declared knowledge is the gold customary for gleaning insights into your consumers’ intent moderately than counting on the inferred info that you simply’re probably buying from third events.
What’s notable right here is that while you’re accumulating declared knowledge, it has the exponential worth for creating and repurposing content material that you need to use then additional downstream.
Case Study: Repurposing Content
As ScribbleLive was planning for its largest occasion – and largest spend – of the yr, they checked out how they’ll take advantage of out of this system to influence extra consumers all through the funnel.
They determined that including interactivity to the present was the way in which to go. The occasion gathered near four,000 potential consumers beneath one roof.
But the problem was: how would they be capable of glean and extract knowledge from their prime of funnel viewers with a view to repurpose that for mid and late funnel?
To maximize the outcomes with a full-circle expertise, they thought of:
- Who is the viewers?
- What belongings might be repurposed?
- How can knowledge be collected to higher allow gross sales?
They determined to give attention to accumulating declared knowledge by:
- Refreshing an interactive answer evaluation.
- Offering a free etch-a-sketch.
In flip, they acquired lots of of accomplished assessments and have been capable of create and repurpose some reporting for mid-funnel engagement.
When it got here to the follow-up:
- They included a hyperlink to the evaluation to share.
- Sales growth reps adopted up with related speaking factors: They have been capable of have extra related conversations since they’ve info on the particular issues that have been extra necessary for a selected group.
- SDRs adopted up with related content material belongings primarily based on their ache factors: It additionally allowed them to provide attention-grabbing post-show belongings.
How You Can Repurpose Your Content
If you’re trying to comply with an identical strategy, right here are some things you are able to do to repurpose your content material:
- An e-book or touchdown web page by trade can deal with a few of their particular paint factors.
- Videos: Consider a “how-to” video on a sure subject that your viewers is indicating an curiosity in.
- An infographic is nice for illustrating the information you’ve collected.
Tips for Gathering Data & Evaluating Your Content
- Pay shut consideration to the place the everyday consumer has dropped off, and use that info to create an A/B take a look at.
- Evaluate your engagement factors for future use by recognizing traits.
- Learn from these metrics to repeatedly enhance with every new piece of content material.
With extra related data, your gross sales group can comply with up with extra related content material, like:
- Sending an invitation to a webinar.
- Creating a useful resource library.
- Sharing a Q&A or a weblog publish.
Here is what’s necessary to bear in mind:
- Know your shopping for heart, not only a single persona.
- Take stock of belongings – past advertising.
- Collect declared knowledge.
- Repurpose declared knowledge:
- For prime to mid-funnel content material growth.
- To present gross sales with insights.
[Video Recap] How to Repurpose Your Content & Maximize Demand Gen Results
Watch the video recap of the webinar presentation and Q&A session.
Or take a look at the SlideShare beneath.
Join Us for Our Next Webinar!
Join our subsequent webinar on Wednesday, November 20 at 2 p.m. ET as Dawn Anderson of Bertey explains what Google’s BERT actually is, the way it works, and the way it will influence search.