Twitter is actively exploring the choice of including a premium subscription mannequin that may give customers entry to unique options.
Still in the planning levels, Twitter is now surveying customers on what kinds of options they’d prefer to get out of a paid account.
Reporter Andrew Roth shared screenshots of surveys he was despatched, which asks customers to point whether or not a function is necessary to them or not.
After CEO Jack Dorsey confirmed Twitter is exploring a subscription mannequin, the corporate is conducting person surveys on what sort of options they’d prefer to see in such a service.
Undo ship, particular badges for profiles and superior analytics are among the many options being thought of. pic.twitter.com/hL6T8sdI0s
— Andrew Roth+ (@RothsReviews) July 31, 2020
The survey asks: “Which of the following features would you most/least desire?”
These are the potential options that could possibly be included in a premium Twitter membership.
- Undo Send: A 30 seconds window so that you can recall/withdraw a Tweet earlier than anybody can see it.
- Custom Colors: In addition to “Night Mode,” you might change the fonts and theme coloration of Twitter in your telephone and laptop. Background coloration, hyperlinks, mentions, hashtags, and icons would seem in no matter coloration you select.
- Video Publishing: You may publish movies as much as 5x longer than present default, which a a lot larger most decision (8192×8192).
- Badges: You get a badge(s) in your profile that hyperlinks to companies you personal or work for (Example: A journalist can have a badge displaying the magazines they write for.)
- Auto responses: Able to jot down and set a menu of auto responses to make use of in replies.
- Social listening: You can see dialog round your account on Twitter, together with whole quantity, the individuals and companies who’re speaking most frequently, and what they’re saying.
- Brand Surveys: You may be capable to survey individuals concerning the adverts you run to raised perceive when you advert was memorable and if persons are probably to purchase the services or products featured.
Continue Reading Below
In a separate set of survey questions associated to promoting, Twitter asks customers whether or not they’d be keen to pay to see fewer adverts.
Careful to not set anybody’s expectations too excessive, Twitter’s survey provides the next disclaimer concerning these potential options:
“This is not necessarily reflective of what features Twitter will have in the future.”
These precise options might or is probably not added to Twitter in the long run, however one factor that’s sure is Twitter plans to launch premium memberships.
Details are scarce at this level – right here’s what we all know thus far.
Related: 20 Amazingly Cool Twitter Tricks & Tips
Premium Twitter Accounts Confirmed by CEO Jack Dorsey
Multiple items of proof level to Twitter launching a subscription mannequin sooner or later in the close to future.
Continue Reading Below
The first piece of proof got here in early July when a job itemizing was discovered indicating that Twitter is assembling a group to work on a subscription platform.
A pair weeks later, on July 23, CEO Jack Dorsey advised traders that Twitter is trying into subscription choices following a drop in advert income.
Tests of assorted subscription choices may start as early as later this 12 months, in keeping with a report from CNN.
On the identical day that report got here out, Twitter issued a letter to shareholders with the next paragraph:
“We are also in the early stages of exploring additional potential revenue product opportunities to compliment our advertising business. These may include subscriptions and other approaches, and although our exploration is very early and we do not expect any revenue attributable to these opportunities in 2020, you may see tests or hear us talk more about them as our work progresses.”
With Twitter’s advert enterprise dropping as sharply because it is, the stress is on to open up extra income streams.
I wager we’ll hear extra about these subscription fashions earlier than later.
Related: Twitter to Let Users Choose Who Can Reply to Tweets